Summer is coming!
We are one step closer to the summer! So just wait and stay safe before we all go out and enjoy the normal pace of life!
Note that the following days are public holidays for our Dutch office:
- • Ascension Day: 21st of May
- • Pentecost: 31st May/1st of June
Webinars and our Openprovider online bar!
With the launch of our Online Openprovider Bar we hosted several games, including SIDN quiz with awesome prizes: such as smartwatch, headphones and many more!
Sometimes we host online games with prizes; sometimes useful webinars. Below you can find and subscribe to the following upcoming events:
- • 15th of May at 13:00 CEST Webinar “Consolidation experts“
- • 22nd of May at 13:00 CEST Openprovider quiz game at OP Bar
- • 29th of May at 13:00 CEST Sectigo quiz game at OP Bar
Donuts promotion starts in May
123 TLDs provided by Donuts will be available with the incredible discounts starting 1 May 2020 00:00 UTC and ending on 31 August 2020 23:59:59 UTC. The prices apply to 1 year new registrations only. Our brand promise is to pass over all discounts via our Memberships, and this time it’s also the case. Another reason to become our member!
We will pass the discounts over to tier customers as well, so if you need just a couple of domains, you will also profit from registering them with us.
New payment method: Bancontact
In order to serve our Belgian customers, including those that we recently migrated from our Inforbusiness platform, we have added Bancontact to the list of available payment method.
This realtime payment method is enabled by default for all Belgian customers. If you do not see this payment method in your account but would like to have access, please get in touch with your account manager.
Spanish registries will stop charging restore fees
The Spanish registries for .cat (Catalunya) and .gal (Galicia) have decided to stop charging additional fees to restore a deleted domain name. We forward this change to you and as a result, resellers that want to reactivate a domain name that has expired or was cancelled by the registrant are only charged for the regular renewal fee now.
.club price increase postponed
Taking into account the uncertain period we are all going through at the moment, the .club registry has decided to postpone the price increase that was scheduled for the 1st of July. That means that the price for .club remains unchanged this year, and will only change at the 1st of July 2021. The price increase in 2021 will be $1,00 instead of the earlier announced $0,50.
Yet another release of the WHMCS registrar module!
Check out the new features of our domain registrar module including the long-awaited TLD price automatic import, improvements to portfolio synchronization, and DNS management!
- • Support for new TLD Pricing Sync feature
- • Domain sync is now supported via WHMCS Automation Cron (as well as Openprovider’s custom solution)
- • Skip Fraud domains from synchronization routine
- • A simplified module configuration page
- • Up to 5x faster contact handle creation
- • The module version number is now displayed on the configuration page
- • Reduced amount of retrieveDomainRequest calls when querying a domain within WHMCS
- • DNS record type parity with Openprovider nameserver
- • Single DNS Panel support
We value your feedback on the module and encourage you to share it with us, either in our GitHub repository or via any of the Openprovider support channels.
Upcoming industry events
Due to coronavirus outbreak and quarantine all events have been cancelled. However, you always can join our Openprovider Online Bar where every week we do something fun and interesting!
Updates to the new gTLDs
- • .gay will delay its launch because of the corona pandemic. The current Sunrise II (non-TMCH trademarks) will be extended, probably until September. This means that the Early Access Program and General Availability (was scheduled for the 18th of May 2020) will be postponed as well. As soon as we have more details from the registry, we will update our launch calendar.
- • .madrid has extended its pre-evaluation period until the 17th of December 2020. This means that new registrations will be activated only after review by the registry. That can take up to 5 working days.
- • 14th May: .cyou
Early Access Programs:
- • 1st June: .dealer
- • 16th June: .cyou
- • 8th June: .dealer
- • 23rd June: .cyou
Upcoming price changes
- • 1 September: .cologne, .koeln
- • 15 September: .bayern, .law
- • 1 July 2021: .club
|Domain||Old price||New price||Start date||End date||Action|
|.info|| ||$3.19||8th of May||30th of June||1st year new year registrations|
|.org||$8.99||15th of May||15th of August||1st year new year registrations|
|.link||$4.68||1st of May||31st of December||1st year new year registrations|
|.click||$4.68||1st of May||31st of December||1st year new year registrations|
|.photo||$8.68||1st of May||31st of December||1st year new year registrations|
|.pics||$8.68||1st of May||31st of December||1st year new year registrations|
|.help||$8.68||1st of May||31st of December||1st year new year registrations|